Re: [RT] Internet Quote Feed Vendors (Futures)

As an ex Quote.com QFeed user, now eSignal user, my comments:

At 08:45 AM 4/11/2001 -0600, Earl Adamy wrote:
>b) eSignal - my data feed provider prior to QCharts. At the time I switched,
>eSignal quality was not as good as QCharts and eSignal frequently lagged
>QCharts by several seconds; however it's entirely possible that eSignal has
>fixed these problems.

I am constantly told by Quote.com users that I trade with 'virtually' that
they lag my prices coming from eSignal. I have come to trust quotes from my
broker (InteractiveBrokers) and IB and eSignal invariably agree. I have
heard few if any complaints about data timeliness from current users of
eSignal.

>At the time, I used Ensign Windows with eSignal. My
>major problems in returning to eSignal are the lack of depth in intraday
>data on demand (I frequently build 60-240 minute charts which include 20-30
>days of data)

Currently they support 30 days of intraday data, which I believe is an
increase since you last used it. I hear they will offer 60 days 'soon'. Not
sure what 'soon' means.

>and the lack of delayed intraday futures data for the NY
>futures exchanges to which I do not subscribe on real-time agreements. I
>believe eSignal maintains its own data plant. The Nov00 review of real-time
>feeds in Futures magazine gave eSignal good marks except for the inability
>to mix real-time and delayed futures data.

That's about the only criticism I have of eSignal. I wish they supported
delayed data mixed with real time. But it hasn't been a big issue for me,
as I use EOD data for most such purposes from other vendors.

Regards,
Michael

IntelligentSpeculator.com
Michael Watkins
Chief Technical Officer
watkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Receive free end of day market commentary by email
http://www.ispeculator.com/yahoogroups.html
OttoGraphs.com Swing Charts
http://www.ottographs.com/swingcharts/
Visit our thread on Silicon Investor!
http://www.ispeculator.com/siliconinvestor.html
TopTick.org SquawkBox Trader's Club
http://www.TopTick.org
Its a CNBC Power Lunch Cool Site
http://www.ispeculator.com/cnbc.htm

Rates are falling -- now is the time to Refinance!
IndyMac Bank guarantees to beat any mortgage by $300 or
they will pay you $300! Get your FREE quote here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Eavf1C/7fYCAA/MPlEAA/zf_UlB/TM