RE: [RT] Internet Quote Feed Vendors (Futures)

Earl,

I've used CQGNet for a while.

On the plus side it has a lot of international exchanges, downtime is
minimal and you know the company behind it has plenty of institutional
customers to bark at them for improvements/bug fixes.

Negative is the pricing. I don't know why they insist on having a "secret"
price list (honestly, try and ask for a menu of all the options they offer
and their prices...they won't give it to you [well they wouldn't give to me
at least]).

Laughably their new version 5.45 allows users to set custom sessions...I
assume its intended for forex and cash market traders in general. Great
idea...BUT to get it you need to get enabled for their Extended Data Service
(basically long term daily data and continutation charts) which costs 75gbp
per month alone in the UK.

And why they disallow access to expired futures contracts only a day or two
after they have expired I'll never understand. A week or two weeks I could
maybe justify but as it is its a big negative.

Also they no longer support delayed data on the Net service. When I asked
why I was given a spurious reason...basically they don't make money from it
so they're not going to do it seems to be their motto.

One last point which highlights both the good and the bad about CQG. I
recently "discovered" a fairly important bug (I thought). I had a
calculation in an alert which did some floating point arithmetic testing for
equality. In short I had the clause something like

High - Low <= 0.03

in a particular instance this came to

106.03 - 106.00 <=0.03

which is obviously TRUE.

CQG 2.275 didn't think so...

It worried me because CQG is supposed to be so much better, but here several
years after their PC product was launched they still had issues with simple
floating point arithmetic...what else is lurking in there waiting to bite
me?

On the flip side, after reporting it within 2 days I was told the version
number in which it would be fixed (and I think that version is pre 5.45 so
it should be OK now).

Regards,

Robert