[RT] Re: Internet Quote Feed Vendors (Futures)

I use FS with ts4.  Not sure what software you use, but if you want
their internet product I believe you have to use their software --
the only TS feed they offer is satellite/dedicated line for TS4.  Sat
is very slow sometimes in the early stock mkt hours, otherwise I like
it.  I would not recommend if you just trade futures due this.  But
FS has good FX data.  Also you can get most world exchanges delayed
for free.  Incl. cash nikkei which most vendors don't include with
their simex feed. Perhaps the best part is their data refresh -- if
you lose something just call them and they email it to you.

  Before FS I used esignal for  a while -- would not have changed
were it not for FX.  One, their FX data is lame-o, and two I found it
very difficult to maintain a dsl connect 24 hours a day, and the
esignal server (6 mo ago anyway) did not like it if you signed on
with a backup connection -- it thought you were trying to sign on a
second time.  Otherwise esignal is pretty I good I think.  Except as
noted, I found it very reliable.

Chris

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Earl Adamy" <eadamy@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm re-evaluating quote feed vendors and looking for some feedback.
>
> a) QCharts - been using QCharts (now owned by Lycos) for over 2
years now
> and have stuck with it in spite of intermittent server farm
problems for a
> number of reasons including: several years of intraday data on
demand
> available on futures contracts (including expired), ability to mix
real-time
> and delayed US futures and stock data depending on exchange
subscriptions,
> excellent filtering of intraday data, and a very easy to use
charting
> interface. QC obtains their data from S&P Comstock and frequently
blames
> data issues and feed interruptions on Comstock. Conditions on
QCharts
> continue to deteriorate due to staff cuts and lack of updating and
I've got
> to find an alternative.
>
> b) eSignal - my data feed provider prior to QCharts. At the time I
switched,
> eSignal quality was not as good as QCharts and eSignal frequently
lagged
> QCharts by several seconds; however it's entirely possible that
eSignal has
> fixed these problems. At the time, I used Ensign Windows with
eSignal. My
> major problems in returning to eSignal are the lack of depth in
intraday
> data on demand (I frequently build 60-240 minute charts which
include 20-30
> days of data) and the lack of delayed intraday futures data for the
NY