Re: [RT] current m3 monetary indication

--- In realtraders@xxxx, hbernst963@xxxx wrote:
> Then when is the market going to stop going down and start going
up? Is the
> increase in money supply just offsetting huge losses or are there
large
> amounts of cash on the sidelines to fuel the next rally?  I've
followed and
> tracked money supply numbers for 150 years (no, I'm not that old)
and it's
> relation to stock price and economic growth is compelling. I'm
frankly
> surprised that the surge in money supply over the last five months
has done
> nothing to the stock market.
>
> Howard Bernstein

I really haven't looked at the data carefully, but to me the whole
thing feels like a coincident indicator rather than cause and
effect.  Seems to me that available money wouldn't make people buy
stocks if they are scared, any more than in Japan 1% interest rates
doen't make people go out and borrow money.

Chris

Rates are falling -- now is the time to Refinance!
IndyMac Bank guarantees to beat any mortgage by $300 or
they will pay you $300! Get your FREE quote here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Eavf1C/7fYCAA/MPlEAA/zf_UlB/TM