  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 10:33
  PM
  Subject: Re: [RT] Re: Bear Trap

  Norman,
      VPT is an indicator that I
  find more usefull as a measure of Money Flow.. An indicator That I find
  usefull  to measure Accumulation / Distribution on a daily basis
  is:  (Close- Low)-( High- Close)  Divided by the Day's Range
  (High-Low ). The Resulting Percentage is Multiplied by the Volume  I use
  both of these indicators together to determine the strenght or weakness of a
  stock. To avoid the disadvantages that were pointed out regarding OBV on the
  broad markets is to keep an advanca/decline line on volume similar to the a/d
  line of issues up minus issues down. Obv is often mixed up with
  other very usefull techniques of volume  anaysis.
  Regards
  Dom,

     When you use VPT, do you plot it
  with those loopty loop thingies?