  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 3:01
PM
  Subject: Re: [RT] Re: Bear Trap

    My problem with OBV is that I think it is
  flawed because it treats all price movements the same.

  Using OBV, a 1,000,000 volume is the same
  whether the stock moves .01 or $10.   Volume is energy in and price
  change is energy out.  The two example are widely different.  For
  this type of analysis, I prefer  VPT =
  Volume Price Trend =  take daily price movement divide by previous day's
  close and multiply that percentage movement times that day's volume and plot.
  There is a good article on VPT in the 1970
  Investor's Intelligence Encycl. of Stock Market Techniques.

  Enjoy,

  Norman Winsk
  <BLOCKQUOTE
    <DIV