Re: Bozos owe G.Kramer an apology->see email I got from CIAC

I've a better suggestion:  Don't ever let an unsuspecting newbie post anything
on here that these "self-appointed know-it-alls" THINK they already know.
FYI, MSFT has been posting security warnings, requiring patches for IE-4 for
quite some time....not once, but several different ones.  Is anyone trading,
or are you too busy pawing the turf and exerting your omnipotent supremacy?

In a message dated 11/5/98 4:24:08 PM Central Standard Time, ug@xxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Gary Kramer writes:

 > I REST MY CASE, THANK YOU!!

 What _WAS_ your case, exactly?  That this particular hoax you posted was
 real?  It wasn't.  Sorry.

 I will apologize for the tone of my initial message to you; I may have
 been a bit quick to pull the trigger.  But as I said, most people have
 seen this stuff 8 million times before, and it's just the equivalent of
 a soap-box "end is near" town crier being in your living room.

 However, even in light of this, the facts remain.

 - No one ever doubted your good intentions.

 - What you posted was indeed a well-documented hoax.

 - It would have been very easy to check this out before blindly sending
   it along to further spread any panic.

 - There have been to date, exactly ZERO cases of this type of virus ever
   having been written, or encountered.  The closest we have come to it
   is a _theory_ that one _could_ be written, exploiting bugs that have
   long since been fixed.  It's equivalent to warning everyone that an
   asteroid is coming, simply because it's _possible_.

 I implore you to please check this stuff out before spreading panic.
 That does no one ANY good, regardless of your good intentions.

 As I said however, for the tone of my email, I do apologize.