Re: Bozos owe G.Kramer an apology->see email I got from CIAC

Gary Kramer writes:

> I REST MY CASE, THANK YOU!!

What _WAS_ your case, exactly?  That this particular hoax you posted was
real?  It wasn't.  Sorry.

I will apologize for the tone of my initial message to you; I may have
been a bit quick to pull the trigger.  But as I said, most people have
seen this stuff 8 million times before, and it's just the equivalent of
a soap-box "end is near" town crier being in your living room.

However, even in light of this, the facts remain.

- No one ever doubted your good intentions.

- What you posted was indeed a well-documented hoax.

- It would have been very easy to check this out before blindly sending
  it along to further spread any panic.

- There have been to date, exactly ZERO cases of this type of virus ever
  having been written, or encountered.  The closest we have come to it
  is a _theory_ that one _could_ be written, exploiting bugs that have
  long since been fixed.  It's equivalent to warning everyone that an
  asteroid is coming, simply because it's _possible_.

I implore you to please check this stuff out before spreading panic.
That does no one ANY good, regardless of your good intentions.

As I said however, for the tone of my email, I do apologize.