Re: trading systems

<x-html><HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
So far I have seen a commercially available system that stands the test
of time with real trading.

<P>Linda Swope wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000">Good evening Real Traders,</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000">I'm
trying to get a feel for trading systems, as I have never used one.&nbsp;
Who among you uses a system and why do you need to rather than just read
charts?&nbsp; Who used to use a system and went back to discretionary trading?&nbsp;
Is it possible to use a combination of both?</FONT>&nbsp;Metastock allows
me to test systems, but it seems different stock patterns respond better
to different systems. And different systems respond better with different
optimizations.&nbsp; How on earth would you know which one to apply to
a stock that catches your eye?&nbsp; Hindsight is wonderful, but it's real
money I'm committing.&nbsp;If it sounds like I'm going in circles, it's
because I am.&nbsp; After 18 months of discretionary trading I'm still
trying to put it all together for some consistent results.&nbsp; Consistent
is the keyword.&nbsp;Thanks again to all so kind to respond!Linda<FONT COLOR="#000000">Linda
Swope</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR="#000000">Swope's Mountain Photography</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000">**Climb
the mountains &amp; get their good tidings; Peace will flow into you as
sunshine into flower;&nbsp; the winds will blow&nbsp; their freshness into
you &amp; storms their energy, &amp; cares will drop off like autumn leaves.&nbsp;
John Muir**</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>