Best time frame with NNs

To RealTraders, Omega and TradeLab list:

There are many books on neural nets and fuzzy based techniques for modeling
data.  But I have not seen any compare their relative merits in short term,
mid term or long term trading.  But there has to be a vast pool of
knowledge out there.  Maybe some heuristics will emerge from a discussion
on this.

To start, I have best success looking ahead 3-5 days using daily bars.
 Also, forecasting channels seems to be easier than estimating % change of
closing price.  A separate net for each side of the channel offers a means
to estimate accuracy.  When both nets agree in direction, I'd be more
willing to believe them than when they disagree.  There are additional ways
to increase neural net accuracy, eg. bias vs. variance tradeoffs.

If you've played with neural nets, which time frame and targets were most
productive?

- Mark Jurik