Re: GEN: Parabolic

I have found Robert Krausz's Triple Switch indicator to have similar
attributes as the parabolic, but seems to work better for my purposes
- it just seems to provide a tighter stop when needed. I generally use
it on 5 minute bars (.ela attached)

TSUP=Average(H,3)[1];
TSDN=Average(L,3)[1];

If Pos=1 and C<=TSDN then begin
   Plot1(TSUP,"TSUP");
   Plot2(TSDN,"TSDN");
   Pos=-1;
End;

If Pos=-1 and C>=TSUP then begin
   Plot1(TSUP,"TSUP");
   Plot2(TSDN,"TSDN");
   Pos=1;
End;

If Pos=-1 and C<TSUP then Plot1(TSUP,"TSUP");
If Pos=1 and C>TSDN then Plot2(TSDN,"TSDN");

Peter Ryan wrote:

> Conrad,
> Very interesting thoughts - thanks.
>
> I am using Parabolic with intra-day breakout systems using 3-minute bars of
> index futures.
> I am not too concerned with the gap at the beginning of the trade.  I use a
> fairly tight stop-loss initially, then let the parabolic stop kick-in once
> it has advanced past my entry price.
>
> What I liked about it was its seeming ability to get out near the top of a
> move.   I havent found any other indicator which gets me out at a top so
> nicely.
>
> Thanks again for your ideas on fiddling with the parameters.
> Peter Ryan

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Tripswch.ela"