Re: GEN: Parabolic

cb writes:
> Peter Ryan wrote:

> > Is there some reason it is not popular.

> Maybe because it was originally presented as a stop-and-reverse system.
> Without some kind of filtering I don't think it tests well as a stand
> alone system except in the trendiest of mkts.  Lebau and Lucas do
> suggest using it with ADX as a filter.

*Very* well put.

There's one thing that bugs me about it, and it's not even the fault of
the indicator; it's MS, Super Charts, and the like.  You can't specify a
new "starting point".  In neither of those programs can you tell it that
the low of 2 days ago is my first SAR point; start counting from there.
If you happen to get into a trade 1/2 way up the trend, the SAR is
already maxed out on its acceleration.

I don't do enough trading that I couldn't have a spreadsheet do this for
me, but damn, I *bought* this software for this sort of thing.  =)

> [I haven't succeeded at this trading thing yet, so take all comments
> for what they're worth.]

Same here; I've been primarily short for the past 2 weeks.  Ouch.

--
"I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but
the people themselves, and if we think them not enlightened enough to