STOCK SOFTWARE OPINIONS

I am relatively new into the field of trading and would like to know
what the "experts" in this group would believe to be the best software
that would be easy to learn and use initially but would grow with me as
my expertise develops.

I have seen people talking about Metastock, AIQ, SuperCharts, OmniTRader
etc.

And with regard to obtaining Data is a data service the only way to go
if I am not looking to daytrade but would like to pursue short term
trading and timing and receipt of the data is not Key. I know many
companies offer these services but want to know if I could do it on the
"cheap" initially ie. free thru the a web site until I get
my feet wet and know what the hell I am doing!! (lol)

I thank everyone in advance for your input and suggestions and
expertise!!