Re: Long Term Capital Management

>I seem to remember Warren Buffet putting money into zeros about a year ago.
>At the time this looked like a higher risk strategy. If he is still holding
>he must be well ahead..!!

Actually, my insider friend tells me Warren got out of bonds and into silver, just before the upside break...an inflationary play...not sure what Buffet was thinking but you can't win them all.

>If LTCM has indeed lost billions of $$ someone somewhere has won.

but you can only win when the other side pays up. Its like winning the pot in poker and then some lad pulls out a six-shooter and says he can't pay the bill. You won, but you never got paid off.

just some thoughts

Andy