Re: GEN: TAG 98

Hi Rod,

If you are seriously considering attending the TAG Conference in Las
Vegas and are concerned about the cost, perhaps you might consider the
Canadian Society of Technical Analysts Fall Conference.

It is being held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the 3rd and 4th of
October, 1998.

Full details can be obtained at our web site at csta.org.

At the top of the homepage, you will find a hypertext link which reads
'conference pages' which will take you to the conference information.

Briefly though, the reasons why I think our conference is worthy of your
consideration are as follows:

-The cost is only C$375 and includes a one year membership in our
Society, which is a not-for-profit organization.

-The list of speakers is truly impressive. It includes:

Perry Kaufman
Martin Pring
Tom Basso
Van Tharp
Richard Arms Jr
Alex Saitta
Joe Duffy
Howard Abell
Robert Deel

-And, you get to see ALL speakers. There are never speakers working
simultaneously in different rooms.

There is a problem with the info at the site in that it does not
actually tell you the cost of the conference! (not my fault) As I said
earlier, the cost for non-members is C$375. That works out to about
US$250. Obviously, in this price, accomodations are not included!

I know that Toronto is not Vegas, but with the line-up of speakers, and
the much lower cost, please consider our conference. By the way, this is
not meant as a slight against the TAG, which is a fine conference with a
long-standing tradition of great speakers.

Also, I hope that no-one mistakes this for a commercial post. We just
want to make sure that RealTraders are aware of our conference.

Best Regards and Good Luck to all,

Michael Herring