Re: GEN - Commodex claim to be "most consistently profitable daily futures trading system"

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: GEN - Commodex claim to be "most consistently profitable daily futures trading system"
  • From: "bshumake" <bshumake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:23:19 -0400 (EDT)

With regards to Commodex,  I have watched it off and on for many many year,
even as an older child I was aware of it as my father was a Commodex
subscriber.  It does make money, but you must be oriented toward long term
trading.  It is also true that there was an investigation into Commodex in
the early 60s,  Futures ( or Commodities as it used to be known ) magazine
ran a story on this some years back.  I don't know that it was the SEC or
the CEA, but there was definitely an investigation by some busy-body
government agency, all because of a too perfect win record.  I would not be
discouraged, that they do not manage money, as trading requires not only a
sound system ( which I think Commodex is ), but also the proper disposition
( personality).
It also requires a willingness to put up with what in my opinion is endless
meddling by the CFTC and the NFA.
I would never manage money just because of these two organizations. My
father did make money using Commodex, but like many traders is search of the
holy grail, spent too much time jumping from method to method to reap the
benefits.  I say this because anytime you mention that a system is good,
someone always retorts with "why didn't they trade it and retire a wealthy
individual."  Again trading requires much more than a good system ( of which
there are many ), it requires the proper personality.  In short, if you are
oriented toward long term trend trading, Commodex is great in my opinion.
If you are not long term oriented, you will not make money with it, as you
will grow impatient and begin to not strictly adhere to the recommendations.

Bill Shumake