Crashes

On Thu,  3 Sep 1998 16:05:59 PDT, Earl Adamy wrote:

>Interesting post but I'm never quite certain after reading these things: do the
>crashes occur with a high degree of correlation to each type of astrological
>event or do the astrological events occur with a high degree of correlation to
>the crashes? That is, does a crash (nearly) always occur when a specific
>astrological event occurs?

Earl:

The best work I've seen on stock market crashes (Carolan's) correlates them to the position of the
Spring Equinox New Moon two years prior and the general trend of the market during the summer
months.  This is especially true of October crashes.  This suggests to me that the astrological events
are present long before the fact and that the market crashes when it is in a position to respond to those
events.

FWIW, I'd suggest from looking at the developing EW structures that there won't be a crash in
September this year although the market may make a slight new low mid-month.  October, however,
looks very vulneralbe to me.  The fact that October 20th is a new moon, and that the bond market
seems to rally in response to stock market declines recently, suggests that a panic on or about that
date may lead to a major long term high in bonds and a pretty good stock market trading low.
Everything I see in my work suggests a repeat of 1987 in the stock market between October 2nd and
October 19th-20th.

RAF