Re: WARRIOR TRADER - ACTION PLAN

DKillen491@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Accept...all possible losses before entering the battle!
> Center...yourself in mind, body and spirit!
> Trust...your inner-skills and warrior-intuition!
> Imagine...victory clearly in your mind's-eye!
> Only...exist in the present moment to conquer fear!
> Never...ever stop, once you have begun!

This sounds more like the sort of thing my Tae-Kwon-Do instructor would have us
recite before entering a sparring contest.  I guess traders are individuals and
so this "warrior" approach probably works well with certain individuals.  For
the benefit of traders that have recently commenced walking that enduring path
of speculation do not feel that you MUST have molten iron flowing through your
veins in order to succeed!

I have traded many different markets -liquid and illiquid; from foreign
exchange all the way up the financial food chain to exotic interest rate
derivatives and I have yet to come across a market where I feel a "warrior"
frame of mind is going going to give me an edge.  I feel that markets are just
to great to go into battle with alone.  I approach markets feeling that in
order to profit, I must blend with the market and submit to messages/vibes that
it is giving, while always searching for that elusive path of least
resistance.  This is the edge that I constantly seek.  Blend with the market
but know the markets weaknesses and where/when it can be exploited.

As an illustration.  My wife and I are students of 2 very different forms of
martial arts.  Aikido and Tae-Kwon-Do.  The latter, well, basically kicking and
punching and while shouting "a-ya,,,,a-yaaa!".  Very confrontational.  Not the
way I would approach my trading.  Aikido on the other hand is a very fluid and
subtle art which involves blending with you 'opponent' in order to overcome
him, but WITHOUT necessarily defeating him.  T-kwon-do is more like what Jackie
Chan might do with Aikdo being the sort of thing you see from Steven Seagal.

This psychological crap is all subjective anyway.  Ask 20 traders to come up
with metaphors for the market, trading etc and you'll probably get 21
differerent answers, hence all the above is all IMVHO.

Time for some zzzzz's.

E.