RE: MKT VIX LEVELS AND OPTION VOLUME

VIX closed at 48.33 today up from the 39.26 opening.  Got as
high as 50.66 today.  Not quite as high as in OCT. 98.  1.3
Million contracts traded at CBOE today.  To those of you who
traded in the last few minutes today ....OCC apparently has
some closing value adjustments relating to index trades....I
didn't get all the details.  If you did trade in the last
few minutes you might see some variation in settlement
values.  Not critical unless an early exercise occurred.

On a more personal note to those of you who have seen my
postings I'll be off-line for a while(still receiving..just
not sending).  I cashed out the options account today and
now have the luxury to stop trading if I chose to.  I'll
have to finish out my seminar schedule(Minneapols, Cleveland
and Cincinnati this week) and work thru the CBOE/PSE merger
which could be final by November, but after that...........