WINDOWS NT QUESTION - NOT TRADE RELATED

Apologies to the list for this post but I wanted to tap into the
computer knowledge present on the trading list.  Further apologies
to members of the various lists i subscribe to.  Multiple postings
of an unrelated topic is extra irritating.  Your indulgence appreciated.

Here is my problem:  there are times when I am away from my
trading computer for several days.  I leave it on to collect data.

In the event of brownout or power loss the computer will restart
automatically.  I have gotten around the CTRL-ALT-DEL and the
password stuff. Then I get a screen pop-up which says
    "cannot find c:\program or one of its components".
My guess is the NT startup routine is looking for a program I
deleted, but I don't know which one.  I cannot find the proper
startup file to edit.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Tom Schrader