Re: profiting from dividends

Dividend arb is still a very common practice on the option floors.  Essentially
the arb arises from the difference between the X amount which is  still a discrete
amount i.e.. 1/8   3/16  1/4, etc. versus the dividend which is actually in
decimals.  So you buy the deep option, exercise and sell it out.  You need very
low transaction costs to make it work since trading in 1/16 became common.