Re: What, exactly, is Z-score?

Heidi and other RT's

Don't know the channel index, but a Z-score in statistics is essentially a
calculation using population statistics to normalize a specific value or
observation into a score to allow for lookup of the statistical probabilities
of an event using a standard table.

so... when somebody is talking about a value that is 3 standard deviations
from the average, the z-score would be 3

Nothing magical about it at all.

The only z-score application that I ever saw posted on this forum that used  a
Z-score chart/table in what, I believe, was a correct fashion was one
occasionally posted by BOBRABCD that was used to identify the best times to
use various option strategies.

Hey Bob, would you mind posting it to the Group?

All the best.

Terry Quinn