Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

Voice:   61 2 92673470
Fax:       61 2 92673478
E-Mail:  rbarros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-------------------------------

Hi Bill

I have given your request much thought.

Unfortunately, try as I might, I cannot avoid
maths on this subject.

In general terms,  money management seeks
to answer the following questions:

*	what amount should be risked per trade
*	what is max amount that should be committed
	to the mkt at any one time.
*	how much capital should be allocated across
	opportunities.
*	how many contracts to be traded
*	how and when to increase the number of
	contracts  per  trade.

In general terms, the answers are found in:

*	the trader's psychological capacity to lose
*	the trader's financial capacity to lose
*	the edge of the trader's plan and
*	the volatility of the mkt.

Specifically Money Management uses maths to supply the
answers to the last two elements. The maths I use is
basic (add, subtract etc) but does get a little complicated
in application.

Let me know if you'd like a brief description of the maths.

> From: T-BONDTRADER <T-BONDTRADER@xxxxxxx>
> To: rbarros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [fixed fractional vs fixed ratio]
> Date: Tuesday, August 18, 1998 7:55 PM
>
> Hi Ray
>
> I was very interested to read your post about Fixed Ratio.  It is
obviously
> something that you have studied and come up with some
solutions/variations.