Re: STOCKS - Finding Movers

Gerry,

  Trading the SPY is always a good means of playing the market (via stock
purchases) on a daily basis.  As a matter of fact, I am currently long both
the SPY and the MDY (S&P 400) as we speak.  However, the reason why I
presented my original question as to FINDING STOCKS is because of the
greater reward that may be achieved by some of these stocks that appreciate
greater than the SPY on a daily basis.

  Let's say (hypothetically), Monday morning looks like we are going to get
a continued rally in the stock market from Friday's late afternoon surge.
As a result of Monday's move, if the S&P rallies 11.00 points or an
equivalent of approximately 110 Dow points, the SPY would have appreciated
about 1%.  Not bad.  However, by doing our scan on Friday for those stocks
that attracted  most of the early buying, it should be believed that those
same stocks will again lead this market higher because it is showing us
just which stocks are 'desired' most.
  Further, if we get that rally of approximately 1% or 110 Dow points, it
would not be surprising to find those 'highly regarded/desired' stocks up
several points and usually greater than the 1% achieved on the SPY.  That
is why I suggest we look/scan for those 'desired' plays.

Keep up the good work,
John Boggio