oex vs. s+p thoughts.....

hmmmm,

Well, my first week of trading the oex in many years has yielded some
success.
on monday i deposited $1,200 in an old stock account from years past.  the
$10 in there somehow never seemed to automatically close?  I just throw
away the monthly statement, and recall trading intel, oex, type options in
early 1992/3 ! then i "graduated" to futures and never looked back to
stocks or options, it was only futures.
on monday i bought an aug call (530?) for 11.5, $1,150 plus i think about
$35 comm.
sold it on wed for 24.75, now with $2400 in the account i added an
additional $500,
and bought a total of 4 , 515 sep oex puts at "7", they closed friday at
9.75 (although
i heard they had a high of 16!), oh, and on friday i deposited another
$900. and bought
a sep 500 put for "8", it settled at 6.75.
Recap: total deposits for the week 1200+500+900= $2,600
current account value based on friday close and excess few hundred =
~$4,800
(was probably worth about $7,000+ with about 2 hours left on friday, oh
well)
Here's my point though, because i was obviously so bearish and ignored the
trin thing above 4.00, and if i was daytrading s+p's i probably would of
sold at the 1059 break?
knowing me i would of (ya, maybe i would of yes't i don't know) but let's
say i sold
at 1059, i would of stubbornly held and probably dumped 'em after i was
clearly proven wrong in the 1080's with 1/2 hour or less to go..........
losing 20 to 30 handles!!!!!!!!!!
again, i literally forgot about oex all these years i was daytrading the
spooooz!!!!
don't you all agree there is more bang for your buck if you are day-trading
oex, verses s+p, not to mention NO MARGIN CALL, even if holding only a few
days, the time value is basically irrelevant (spelled right?).
should i act like i'm daytrading the spooz again, except just deal with oex
trades instead.........look what i've been missing!!!!
everyone who has day/position traded both spooz and oex, what are your
thoughts!!!
thanks
gary
hawaii