Re: Disappointment with forum

Doug and Group,

Unfortunately, many serious posts to the forum lately have generated little
discussion. Very few new ideas, or concepts have been forthcoming from the
forum of late.

I was the first one to bring up this political angle. I was interested in
current events in relation to the context of historical events of trading.
Yes, that means past Presidents because you sure can't compare it to
current or future ones. I have been careful to be as factual as possible.
No one at least initially can control the kooks that have posted off topic
information, unfortunately some of them went overboard. I can and did ask
for them to get back on topic.

The OEX options discussion is good but how about some discussion about
greed, or since Mr. khanitha isn't forthcoming some discussion about Mr.
Quinn' s example, or about Mr. Downs sugar suggestion. Except for Mr.
khanitha no one has been talking about their trades even after they are
competed. Personally, I'm going back to the digest format until there is a
reason.

Brent

----------
> From: Douglas Meakin <DMeakin@xxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Disappointment with forum
> Date: Thursday, August 20, 1998 6:25 AM
>
> Dear Fellow RT'ers
>
> I have been pretty disappointed recently with two things:
>
> 1. Too much talk about only politics - discussion of how the market is
> likely to react and how the global economy would be affected by various
> scenarios might be of interest, but there has been a lot of simply
> disparaging comments about the President and other past presidents and
> candidates. I don't think that this has much to do with trading or the
> markets.
>
> 2. We are supposed to keep comments relevant to trading and to the point.
> have had to wade through a lot of less than relevant writing from K
Hanitha