Re: GEN:Enter on Stops?

Nice to meet you Alex.

I do not like big overnight gaps, but they are becoming more and more the
norm on the SP as well.  The reason I do not like them is that a large gap
opening leads to high volatility for the first hour or so and I will not
trade if the bars are either too big or if I see big increments (50Pts)
between tics.  That is the only problem I have with gaps.  I do not care
about the opening level as I treat each day as TOTALLY independent from the
day before or any other day.  I do not care at all about the trends on the
longer term charts etc.  As far as I am concerned my "window of vision"
starts at 8:30am and runs up to the current time (as long as that is before
3:15pm of course).  Today as a new day.

Range bound days are a pain but I will trade them until I know we are in a
range, then I will stand aside until we get out of the range, if at all that
day.  I will even count a large range (1000pts+) as pretty untradable
because I can not believe there is any momentum to a move that keeps us
going sideways.  As I use really tight stops I need to know there is a high
probability of momentum behind the move, else I know it will be a costly
flirtation!  So to answer your question I guess I err on the side of sitting
on my hands.

I hope that helps a little.

Best wishes to you.

Simon