GEN: Re: Enter on Stops?

I didn't mean to start a debate about Larry Williams!!!  Just
clarify how I have interpreted his remarks about entry techniques
and trader success.  But since I seemed to have initiated such disparaging
and inaccurate remarks about Larry (who I highly respect), here are a few
facts:

 - Larry did take $10,000 to 1.1 mill.  The results were audited, and are
   in the public record.  Actually, he took it to over 2 mil...but took a big
   hit prior to the end of the 12 month period.  The joy of fixed fractional
   trading; big peaks, big valleys!

 - Larry trades!  It's his life (well, a big chunk of it, anyway).

 - Larry took one account of $70,000 up to over $700,000 in 12 months in 1997,
   trading only tbonds.

 - Larry's daughter won the 1997 Robbins World Cup of trading, trading
   only tbonds, and only using Larry's own daily bond phone "hot line"
   and fixed fractional trade size management.

 - Larry teaches his techniques to the public.  This makes him a major target
   for many.  Hence, I have no doubt that "people hear" lots of bs about him
   and his history.

 - A broker doesn't make a penny more, or less, based on actual fill prices
   (unless I am really confused about how this whole thing works!).  Broker
   glee at substantial slippage suffered by a customer would not make any
   sense.

 - Many exceptional traders, including many who teach in one way or another,
   use stop entries.  It's a perfectly reasonable approach.

-k