Re: David Caplan

My impression of David Caplan is similar (although I've never been a guest
at his home). I would recommend reading his books and subscribing to his
newsletter to any beginner.

I would, however, avoid trading through his firm Opportunities in Options.
As a client, I found his brokers to be merely to be disciples of David
Caplan...no independent thought and no cognizance of the ability to use
futures contracts to hedge options positions and vice versa. If I wanted to
put on a "Caplan" trade, hey no problem. If I had an idea of my own, it
seemed to tax the broker's brain too much to consider it.

Perhaps David's broker training program brainwashes them too much. Perhaps
the word on the OIO floor is to only push David's recommendations and no
others. Also, the commissions were way too steep.

So to sum up, David's approach to trading is a fair one so his books and
newsletters provide good insight. As to his brokerage firm...STAY AWAY

-RB