Re: DJII

Jerry wrote: "...I missed your point.  When did we have a day with
2700
advances? and if we did or if we didn't what is your point?"

I was just pointing out that the participation of broad market in this
downleg
is much greater than the participation of the broad market over the
past seven years in that upleg.......

I'm doing this from memory, but I do remember some huge advance vs
decline numbers when this bull-market started back in the early
80's......that was a kick-off for what we now know is/was one of the
greatest bull-market in stocks this century.....

Back in the early 80's no one wanted to invest in stocks....they were
mesmerized by the returns on real-estate...right at the top in real
estate and the bottom in stocks......we now are in just the opposite
condition....most Americans only want to own stocks...nothing else
"looks good".........

I was just trying to make some folks think about the realization that
we may be kicking off one of the great bear markets since the
1980's....the adv/dec is certainly giving us reason to think we might
be..................

We are also, so focused on the indexes that we forget......there are
hundreds of stocks that have declined over 50% in the last twelve
months......

If I told you the following............

1)We have just had a 2 week period where we had  several days where
advances outnumbered declines by more than 3 to 1..........

2)Even on declining days....advances far outnumber declines

3)The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are 10% off of their all-time lows

4)We are having over 400 stocks daily hitting new highs

5)No one wants to own a stock

What would be your opinion of the next 12 months????????

Now turn that upside down.............

Tom Stein
comfut@xxxxxxx