Re: [Re: no trading for 16 year olds?

Just a few clarifications here.

The boy was said to be 15 not 16.
He wasn't talking about trading MidAm anything.
Since when is it a disgrace to get a job and work whether its cooking fries
or whatever?
There are many kinds of education but more is generally better.
Good for the TV guy I've nothing against that.
Where do you draw the line at 15,14,13,10,5, 3.
All this sounds a bit like bull mania to me, 40 years ago few would have
said it was a good idea.
There's more then one way to teach a child about finances, investing, and
the markets.

Brent

----------
<realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Re: no trading for 16 year olds?
> Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 1:41 PM
>
> RTs (Brent etc.):
>
> I fully understand your point about children trading. They cannot be
> responsible by law. Still, let's keep things in perspective. It sounds
like
> we have an intelligent young man who has a strong interest in the
markets.
> If his parents want to encourage that, he could have a small account
after
> paper-trading and learning without incurring the kind of risk you're
> talking about. One MidAm corn is very different than day-trading the
S&P...