Re: 4% System Update

The best results I got was with a 9% target which I'd use if I thought we
could go up 9% from here (i.e. if the PE on the S&P was down near 16-18) .
But thinking we're near a major top , I feel 4% is more prudent and
conservative.  The neat thing about this system is it makes money with nearly
any target.  Maybe I should try a 1%, or 2% or 3% target considering the crazy
volitile market we're in.

Also I like the 4% redundancy - 4% off the hi, 4% stop and 4% target.

Best regards,

Jerry Rehert  (grehert@xxxxxxx)
Check out my WebPage (UPDATED 8/2/98):  http://members.aol.com/grehert/
August 7th, 1998 @ 07:45 am
Atlanta,GA

<<
 GREHERT@xxxxxxx wrote:

 > The 4% System that I've talked about before has suffered a 1% and a 7% loss
in
 > this current correction.
 >
 > This can be compared to the bear market of 1990 when the system had losses
of
 > 7%, 6%, 6% and 4%.  For the entire year 1990 the system had a slight
profit.

 > Including the recent losses, the system  has 75% profitable trades, with an
 > average
 > profit of 8.00 S&P points per trade, and a Profit factor of 3.05.
 >
 > The 4% system is a terrific example of how a very simple set of rules with
 > minimal parameters can be profitable trading the S&P.  I'll keep you
posted.

 > For further analysis of the system including the SuperCharts code, download
 > the attached file.
 >
 > Best regards,
 >
 > Jerry Rehert  (grehert@xxxxxxx)
 > Check out my WebPage (UPDATED 8/2/98):  http://members.aol.com/grehert/
 > August 6th, 1998 @ 06:29 pm
 > Atlanta,GA

    Jerry,     What happens if you bump that up to 6%, 8%, or 10%?