Re: MKT-Elliot Wave textbook case? OR Mkt-Basket Case

Mr. Ingalls:
So, basically, you're saying "Forget this dismal science and go with your
gut", or are you really saying: "You're in over your head, newbie"? The
latter, I think, but since Physics was my Major, I'll address your point
anyway!

While Brownian motion is the result of purely random forces acting on small
particles, the forces impelling prices are not purely random, but, at times
can and do act in concert in response to shifts in mass psycology.
Therefore, in my humble opinion, the Ewave approach, which attempts to
predict the movements of a waveform for which no coherent mathemetical
formula can be derived through predicting the causal psycological pivot
points, is as valid an approach as any that can presently be found.
Furthermore, large magnitude convection currents (ie: hyper-liquidity) will
influence any localised, Brownian forces and sweep them along with the
general movement. Unless they're Small Cap!

I, too, have a nagging suspicion: that Chaos Theory may yet prove to have
predictive value in the analysis of complex waveforms like the Stock Mkt
and even weather patterns, which are of a complexity that makes the mkts
look like a simple integral equation.

But that's WAY over my head, so c'mon all you geniuses out there, do the
math and save this stupid Human race from its own folly!

And please pardon the arrogance of a simple Engineer labouring under the
illusion that he CAN grasp the internecine world created by beancounters
for their own glory and enrichment. After all, turnabout is fair play,
since beancounters have been telling Engineers (and every-one else) how to
do their jobs for the last few years all in the name of cost-cutting (and
sweeping inflation under the carpet). My bold contention is that these same
beancounters don't even know how to do their OWN jobs, as the coming Global
wipeout will, I have not a scintilla of doubt, convincingly demonstrate! Of
course, they'll blame it on Monica Lewinsky and the Japanese, because one
thing this whole sorry mess will prove is: beancounters NEVER learn, they
just make it up as they go along.

Sorry, faith is not mine to grant, but is to be found within yourself.

John Stevenson
Ottawa, Canada

P.S. Re: Small Caps; in the past, mkt tops have usually been preceded by a
final Small Cap rally, which I have been anticipating. But I don't think
we're going to see it this time for the simple reason that, with Dow10K in
sight, the Funds (who, let's face it, are really running this mkt) got
greedy and set their sights too high in stubbornly trying to establish a
firm foothold above 9K before starting to promote the hell out of Small
Caps. The result has been that the Blue Chips have reached an unsustainable
level and, in the face of: declining earnings, wide sector divergences,
pathetic a/d, new lows by the bushel, soaring trade deficits, inflation
rising (albeit slowly), tight labour mkts, "first tier" flight to quality,
gloom with no end in sight in Asia and now troubles in the Whitehouse, keep
slipping back to very tenuous support levels. The Funds are beginning to
resemble a one-armed plate spinner. (Get the hook and bring out the next
act!) But this is par for the course, beancounters always base their
projections on the rosiest possible scenario for the sake of their precious
stock options, don't you know. The very definition of a "perverse
incentive". What prudence! What leadership! Don't they know that if
Economic "Law" contradicts Scientific Law, then Economic "Law" MUST be in
error? Economic sophistry aside, from a scientific standpoint, this is a no
brainer! How can we grow exponentially within a closed system? We can't,
and if we continue trying, we will destroy ourselves as surely as bust
follows boom! IMAO. (In my arrogant opinion).

P.P.S. Oh yes, I think I've hit on a new indicator, it's called the KBI
(Kudlow Blink Indicator). I've noticed that the bigger the whopper Larry
Kudlow is spouting as he attempts to reduce the mkt "fundamentals" yet
again to: low inflation, low interest rates and high consumer confidence,
the more he blinks nervously. The day before the crash, the poor guy's
eyelids will be vibrating faster than an (unsold) INTEL 400 MHz chip!

P.P.P.S. So much for making nice! You can't handle the TRUTH! Eddie K. if
you wish to remove me from your fine list for Economic Heresy, please do
so.
It's been an eye-opener!