Re: S+P E-Mini Question

Ernie:

If you have TradeStation you can download tick data (after hye fact) from the Omega research website.  It's useful for backtesting, not to mention it's free.

Good luck

 - Stuart

>>> "Ernie Newman" <ernien@xxxxxxxxxxx> 07/30 9:21 PM >>>
Hi
 I just started trading the S+P E Mini contract thru
Jack Carl and there are some things that I don't understand
that is happening.
 Today I brought 1 ES8U (sept) contract at the 8:30am price as I
use the S+P500 data for my system testing. Now I sold this contract
at Market on close MOC.
 The entry price was filled at 1137.75 and the exit was 1146.50 for
a gain of 8.75 pts. this was great except the S+P futures contract
(sp8u) for this time period was up 16.79 pts. I thought that the
e-mini followed the big board s+p I realize that I only get $50
per point instead of $250 but I only got half as many pts. Why??
 All day long when the market was up I thought I was up $800
when I was only up $400.
 I find it hard to follow this contract because the open price
is at 3:30 pm with the close at 3:15 pm the next day. So use
end of day data is worthless for system testing.
 Where on the webb can I find a delayed 5 min chart??

Thanks ALOTT for your HELP
Ernie