Re: FUTR: Day/Swing - S&P vs. Bonds, methods, mech vs. discretion)

PG,

You asked about mechanical systems, far below is a quote from another RT'er
about NLP and mechanical systems.

My words of wisdom are:
Trade the time frame you are comfortable with.
Trade markets you have an affinity for.
Trade markets where you win the most $$$...net net
Use indicators that "make sense to you" and have draw downs you can easily
live with (they may be worse in the future).
Enjoy doing it.

RM

There is a nice idea in NLP about the progression of
he learning process.

unconsciously incompetent:	we can't trade but think we can.

consciously incompetent:	we can't trade and know we can't.

consciously competent:	we make money by following set of rules
				and never breaking them.

unconsciously competent:	we make money trading by "doing what
				comes naturally"

consciously unconsciously competent:

				we make money trading by "doing what
				comes naturally" and know what "doing what
				comes naturally" means to us.
It's the last stage where I'd feel confident enough to explain my
trades.