MS Outlook 98 & Express bug potentially as damaging as a virus

The following is copied from my companies Data Center messages:

Subject:        Warning for Outlook Express users

There is yet another bug in MS Outlook 98 and Express along
with Netscape Communicator than can be potentially dangerous
to you home pc. If you use on e of the above for retriving internet
e-mail, it is possible for an attachment with a long filename to
do extensive damage to your hard drive.

As we have said many times, DO NOT CLICK AND OPEN ATTACHMENTS FROM
UNKNOWN SOURCES RECIEVED THROUGH E-MAIL.

If you recieve an e-mail with attachments you did not request, DELETE
THE E-MAIL WITHOUT OPENING ANY ATTACHMENTS TO SEE WHAT IT IS.

Corporate pc's should only be using Outlook 97 which this does not
affect. This does not change the danger in opening attachments you
do not know where it came from. Save attachments as files and then
run a virus scanner against it. Open attachments with READ ONLY
type views that do not execute macros or embedded code.

If you recieve an e-mail that has an attachment that has a long
filename (Long filename is anything over 8 characters and 3 character
extension) call the IS Department to investigate origination for
recourse and protection against further mail.

There are/will be fixes available on Microsoft and Netscape site over
the next few days.