Re: CRASH!

RTs:

I may be a simpleton, but remember last October? The market sold off, the
pros and us crazies started selling. Nobody was thinking: 'I won't go short
because of the "new paradigm"' If there are more sellers than buyers, the
market will go down. Eventually the "buy and hold"-ers could reach their
pain threshold... more selling. What if Prudential alone tried to take
profits on their positions.. that's what positions are for, right? Everyone
can see what the consequences would be. Who here would buy on a Dow Theory
bear market? I've hurt myself too much to bother predicting turnarounds,
but I will be alert for one if makes itself known. Sentiment can change on
a dime; people have short memories. Ask Jane Schmoe mutual fund.. is her
outlook the same as a RT? Somehow, the RT forum doesn't strike me as an
accurate assessment of general sentiment. Whatever happens, we're getting
the education of a lifetime... I'll be taking notes!

PG