Re: Globex

Globex2 is a new windows based interface for Globex. Globex2 allows the uses
of stops to be placed and MOC and MIT orders I believe. Globex2, as with
Globex, will operate about 23.75 hours a day about 6 days a week. GLobex is
only down from 3:15-3:30 M-F. Opens up on Sunday around 5pm I believe. Right
now during the regular pit hours you can only trade the emin-. Soon however,
the will probably be putting on the currencies and other products. Euro, at
least the front months will be there I think in a couple months. Side by side
does mean that they will run the electronic and pit trading. They have the e-
mini terminals right outside the pit. Right now orders are only allowed for 30
(6 regular spooz) cars on the e-mini at a time. If this were to increase you
will see even more volume on the e-mini. About 21,000 cars traded the other
day, compared with about 115,000 in the "big" pit. That is good volume for
only about a year of trading. If the 30 car limit was taken off and the tick
increments were changed to the "normal" .10 a tick then the e-mini would
become the S&P. IMHO...