cluck cluck

No...seriously.

The whole discussion on why markets exist brought a very serious question
to mind.

We have fairly active markets in the areas of beef and pork, but chicken is
also something a lot of people eat.

Yes, I know, there's a contract somewhere for chicken (I think they call it
"broilers"), but why isn't it traded much?

Wouldn't chicken farmers and those who use chickens in production want to
use forward contracts for hedges? Or is the market too dominated by just a
few producers? (Perdue and Tyson come to mind)

Just something I've been wondering about.

-RB