Re: Fork S&P

In a message dated 98-07-22 20:45:43 EDT, sp500@xxxxxxx writes:

> Well the fork made a couple bucks.
>
>  Lets see what happens next.

While not a fan of the "What do you think" question,  I do like looking at
analysis techniques, and these fork's that Rob has been applying are down
right interesting.   An idea and a question:

First the question:   Rob, could you give us your thinking on why you've
picked the points for the fork.   I do understand the construction, but would
be curious as to how you picked the points for the fork.

The idea:   Rather than apply the fork to what I think is the 5 min S&P, if
you have BMI, apply it to a 60 tick chart of the SP as opposed to the DSP.
This way I can see the Globex data, and not have the long time distortion from
all night.  Using the same price points, gives almost the identical fork.   As
I write this at 9:50 PM EST,  we are clearly above the upper fork line.
Very interesting.

                    Pete