Re: Option Strategy

Stuart:
Please let me add my two cents.  I would say that when measuring IV or
HV (historical volatility), a nagging question is how far back do you
go?  Do you go back 5 days, 10 days, 20 days?  Very difficult to answer.
In any event, if IV is low by historical standards, I would be an option
buyer since I would be betting that IV would go up.  If IV is high then
I would be an option seller since I would be betting that IV would go
down.

This subject can of course be discussed forever and ever.

Regards.