Re: Option Strategy

Another problem with examining short option strategies is looking at the
day to day performance of a trade vs the end result.

For example, let's say there's an S&P option short sale that ends up on
expiration day right where it began, so you keep the credit.

BUT...let's say there was at least sometime during the trade when the S&P
rose 20 points. Would your account be able to ride this out given the
margin (and any increases)? Would you be able to stomach this ride?

The real analysis, I believe, isn't an analysis of where the underlying
ended up or will end up, but how far it will rise or fall *AT ANY TIME*
during the period...and whether or not you should place a stop on the
trade.

-RB

on a trade where the underlying (say the S&P) ended up