MKT: sentiment - mixed

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 7 / 20 / 98

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 7/13 through 7/19 on our web site.

Number of participants: 303

30 day outlook:

52 % bullish,  50% last week
24 % bearish,  19% last week
24 % neutral,  32% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 7/24: 9224 (it was 9166
last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Another week with a somewhat clouded sentiment picture. On the bullish
side, the DJIA was up 233 points last week, yet bullish sentiment only
picked up 2% and bearish sentiment rose 5%. More bears in the face of such
a strong week is bullish and suggest there is more room for this rally to
run. On the other hand, bullish sentiment is at 52% and the 5 week moving
average is at 49.4%, very high levels which leave us feeling cautious about
this market.

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

best regards,