Re: GEN: Transferring complete Tradestation setup to laptop?

Sticks,

On the notebook, you need to do a regular install of TS and get it to the
same build level as on your desktop.  The easiest is to install TS on the
same drive and in the same directory structure on both machines.  Let TS
install all of the " stuff " it wants. Then using either a network, the
DirectCable Connection program supplied with Win95, or your favorite way to
transfer data -  connect the two machines together.  Copy the entire
directory and all subdirectories within Omega.  The reason you need to do an
install first is to get the .INI files and registry updated correctly.  Also
it is helpful to have the dongle on the notebook before doing the install so
you don't have to go back later and manually update the .INI with the SSIACT
statements to tell it which port is being used.

Hope this helps.

John

Troutman, Defender of Sticks wrote:

> I'm in the middle of configuring a laptop with Tradestation to use both
> as an up-in-smoke backup if the primary PC goes down, and as a remote
> office PC.  Is there a simple way to completely transfer my entire price
> database and portfolio from one machine to the other?  I've got
> thousands of symbols and a lot of data, and changes to the portfolio
> that aren't in the original installation.  If this is an obvious RTFM,
> do let me know; I didn't see it, but I didn't do a lot of poring this
> afternoon.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sticks
>
> --
> Troutman, Defender of Sticks               troutman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         (aka)                           http://www.defendercapital.com/
> Jonathan Matte, President                    No banner ads, no cookies,
> Defender Capital Management, Inc.                   no sekrit sniffers!
> Introducing Broker, Commodity Trading Advisor

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\vcard6.vcf"