Superbowl + S&P = holy grail?

Just got a hold of some material that will be used at a seminar
on beyond the dogs of the dow next week.

Did you know that had you bought the S&P in 1971
at the end of 1997  your $100 would be worth about $2,700
Had you used superbowl theory and not been long in the years the AFL won
(crystal ball required)
you would have made about $2,000 more.

Had you invested in rydex nova (1.5 the S&P) $24,000 vs $9,700
Had you invested in ULTRA Bull S&P (2.0 the S&P) $107,000 vs $27,000

An AFL team won this year.