RE: Trading Smaller

I tried to send this before (7/11), but it never posted:

At 11:18 PM 7/11/98 EDT, JRizTRDR@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Does anyone have any comments on trading the  Mid Am for smaller acounts..
are
>the fills and liquidity as good as their bigger markets ?

No. They are illiquid in many cases. I think the locals provide a lot of
the liquidity, so you can get alright fills in some markets. Get your
broker to check the market you're looking at. Still, they will never be as
liquid as the big ones (although if you trade some of the "difficult" New
York markets, your fill time might be better!) If that's your risk
tolerance, though, that's how it is. I don't know about trying anything too
short term, though. Once you've tried a couple trades you'll see what works
and what doesn't. Something else to think about is the ratio of profit to
commission.

Good luck.

7/14

Another thought that offsets the profit vs. commission is the fact that if
you're trading well in the minis, the principles should apply when you go
for the big ones. So even if your profit doesn't exceed your costs by much,
at least you're learning how to trade. I've been strongly considering
reworking everything in my trading, using minis as a learning aid. That
way, the trades mean less and I don't flip out... thereby trading better.

PG