Re: MKT - DOW Top

Regarding a top, it certainly seems that the summer rally as been late and
half hearted. What cause would there be for a MAJOR top now? I can't hardly
believe that the GM strike is enough to cause something. If the bull market
started in July of '82 an anniversary date comes in July every year(this is
the 16th) and there have been a number of gyrations in July over the years.

Not to over play the Y2K mess but something I read said that because of
departmental guidelines and fiscal years, trouble could begin as early as
July of this year. The one thing that I don't understand about Y2K is that
computers are so much cheaper, more powerful and versatile now. If I were a
manager and suspected that I had a bug. I would simply replace those old
computers and programing with new. Wouldn't your job be on the line if you
had known for years about the problem and didn’t do anything? Something
about Y2k just doesn't jive.

Regards,

Brent

> From: Dennis L. Conn <dconn@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: MKT - DOW
> Date: Tuesday, July 14, 1998 10:22 AM
>
> Hi all,
>
> Unless I'm mistaken (a frequent occurrence lately), I believe Chris
Carolan