Re: leading/lagging indicators

<< >  I disagree.  I believe Momentum and ROC are leading.  right?

 Yep, except when they lead you astray.   Actually you are wrong, the aren't
 leading indicators.   They still turn based on what price actually just did.
 Saw an interesting study once.   Someone ran regressions of several
indicators
 against price and got high coefficients of correlation.  Then he shifted the
 indicators in time so they would be predicting price, and reran the
 regressions.  The correlation  coefficients went to hell indicating the
 indicators don't in fact predict anything.  They lag what price did.

                   Pete >>

Okay, Pete, so maybe ROC and momentum aren't leading.  How about this.  How
about the way Advanced Get gives price targets that are uncannily accurante?
I guess they use Retracement percentages etc.
Jim