Re: Neural net & walk forward testing.

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998 Peter2150@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The more correlated the data, the less valid the test.   What you should do is
> train on the 1990 - 1995 data, and then test on data from 1996 to present.
> However no matter how good that may look, if the market changes character in
> the future, you still have garbage.  I wish you luck.

But this is what I wanted to avoid by using a different market.  I just
don't have enough data to train AND test.  1990 ~ 1995 train is good, but
I just don't feel comfortable with testing data of only 1996 ~ 1997 and
half of 1998.  I could go back further with training but the market has
structurally changed and I don't believe it relevant to use them as
training sets.