RE: FDATES

There was a message recently about the reliability of Rick Ratchford's
FDATE service.

Now I've never been a client of Rick's, but I have made a study of what he
offering versus what benefit it could be to me.

First, here is what Rick offers. This is from his membership agreement.

>DETAILS
>An FDATE is a time date provided by FutureSoft Publishing which serves
>to pinpoint in advance a market top or bottom that is not violated for at
>least 3 trading days following. A Fdate may be off by one (1) day.
>A TOP is defined as a day where the previous days price is not higher,
>nor the next 3 days of prices. A BOTTOM is defined as a day where
>the previous day is not lower, nor is the next 3 days of prices.

What this means to me is that an fdate predicts:

1) A "top" which is higher than the previous day and where the high is not
violated for the next three days, or...

2) A "bottom" which is lower than the previous day and where the low is not
violated for the next three days, or...

3) A day which is one day prior to, or one day following EITHER #1 or #2 above.

Now...

Take a look at the chart of your favorite commodity. Circle the days which
meet qualification #1, #2, or #3 above. Circling lots of dates? You betcha.
Rick claims an accuracy rate of about 80 percent. And wouldn't you know it?
About 80 percent of all dates would qualify as successful if picked as an
fdate. Result? If all you were looking for is dates meeting the above
criteria, you would do just as well picking them at random.

Maybe there's something I'm missing here (any fdates subscribers here?),
but I do not consider this information worth paying $100 per month for.

-Richard

P.S. I understand Rick used to be on this list. Did he ever provide any
clear answer to the value his service provides?